Well 2020 was filled with all kinds of twists and turns. Rather than focus on the negatives, I figured I would share some of the positives while going ahead with my 2021 plans and goals.
- In August I started to learn how to work with epoxy resin, the proper PPE and how to make dice!
- In October I purchased a Silhouette machine so I could do large vinyl and stencil jobs. Matless cutting is an amazing bonus and addition to what I do!
- My family gifted me with an Elegoo Mars 3D resin printed for DnD, dice making and mini making so that is super exciting!
- I opened up a Spoonflower which has been doing well
- I started to sell SVGS and digital downloads and opened up an ETSY
- I took a variety of paid and free courses to help bring my art, portfolio and website to the next level.
- MATS MBA
- Pitch your Portfolio
- Doodles to Dollars
- Networked with a bunch of AMAZING artists, teachers, mentors and individuals
- Helped teach and mentor new artists! Apparently, people are interested in having me teach classes and also provide private consultation services!
- My relationship hit the one year mark! A huge shout out to my wonderful dude Joe for putting up with me and supporting all my crazy hobbies. Oh, and also allowing me to play DnD.
- Rescued a baby Axolotl, Popcorn! Popcorn is almost a year old now! I’m 99% certain it is a girl!
- Worked on reducing my anxiety more through yoga and PT workouts.
- Helped volunteer in various groups of mine to help individuals of all kind overcome things (art, personal, anxiety, etc)
- Spent some time helping out my family, in particular, my Grandparents who have been going through a lot these days.
- Met a bunch of new friends
- Spent more time with my best friend who has been going through a lot. Hopefully 2021 will also be a better year for her too!
- Learned how to cook. Sort of…
- Tried to organize more. Still not great at it, but i’m trying!
- Spent more time at home with my Pup
Changes in 2021
So I really want to try and put together monthly plans to help me stick to my goals. I need more consistancy with what I do and I really want to focus on building up my freelance more while also working on my shop (Woocommerce is in the works, but for now- Etsy will suffice).
Below is what I am hoping as a goal:
- 2 Blog posts a month (maybe more)
- Every Friday will have a Shop Update
- Saturday-Sunday would be a blog update/ website update
- Monthly Prepping
- Holidays and events
- Planning out new listings
- Weekly Advertisements
- Advertise more freelance work/ commission work
- Start finding license work
- Weekly portfolio updates
- Dive into the home decor/ wedding DIY crafting world
- Possibly looking at branching into wood crafting with a laser cutter…
- January- Work on Valentines Day & Mothers Day
- February- Advertise Valentines Day. Work on Easter.
- March- Work on Easter & Spring
- April- Advertise Easter. Work on Mothers Day. Take a jump and dive into some Cmas prep.
- May- Work on Fathers Day and Wedding Season.
- June- Work on 4th of July. Prep for some Fall Designs.
- July- Prep for Cmas. Midyear promotional special! 😀
- August- Advertise fall designs. Work on Halloween.
- September- Start with some Cmas prep! Finish up Halloween. Have my calendars finished by this time.
- October- Advertise Halloween. Work on some Thanksgiving. Continue to work on Cmas.
- November- Advertise Cmas! Start thinking about Valentines 2022.
- December- Finish up Cmas and take a break